Monday, June 1, 2009

Relationships 2.0


Its amazing how things have become so convenient these days thanks to the web. Often people consider facebook or blogspot as nothing but a fad. But in truth, they are a few of the most important tool for a person such as I. Having made a lot of friends and connections during my time spent in Asia, Europe and North America, tools often called 'Web 2.0' has been nothing but God sent.

Thanks to programs or websites such as these, I am able to stay in contact with friends from around the world. Thanks to these, I have been able to stay in touch with my fiance whom I've been away from for about six months now as we wait for her US visa from Germany. I find it hard to imagine how I would've survived this very long separation if we weren't able to speak on skype every single day. Impossible.
Although very convenient, its been too long! I can't wait for the day she comes.

Another relationship I'm very thankful for is of that with my bestfriend. Having maintained connections with her has done wonders for me and for the friendship in general. We seem to have been closer now that we live in different continents as we miss complaining to one another! But nothing beats the real thing, I'd still prefer giving her hugs in person!

In the end, I'm sure I'll see Irene again and Christin will eventually make it stateside. But in the meantime, Facebook and Skype will do...

** Pictured Above: My bestfriend Irene, my beautiful fiance Christin and yours truly! **

No comments:

Post a Comment