Saturday, May 30, 2009

Poppitz, Poppitz, Who the fuck is POPPITZ?


This movie is simply quality! Its one of those films where you have to watch it a few times in order to appreciate its quality. I suppose its also helpful to watch it with a clear mind, not right after getting off of a plane. In all seriousness, after watching Poppitz for the second time, I was really impressed by how the story was presented through the lead character's perspective. I know it has been used multiple times in the past but it seems to be a very effective formula.

Anyways, I won't get into details but Poppitz is definitely one of the more clever films out there. It is presented like an indie film. I suppose its a bit of a novelty for me since it is an Austrian produced project. The movie makes fun of the German-Austrian relationship and small bits regarding their respective cultures.

By the way, Patricia, played by Nora Heschl, is my best friend Irene's sister! She's a lovely girl, I'm just waiting on her to appear in one of our Hollywood films one of these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment